Monday, December 3, 2012

Week 16

During this course I have used the blog as a means of communication between myself and classmates. I have responded to the blog through a variety of questions. The questions have made me think about my position as a counselor in the making and my perception to counseling thus far. One of the things that stood out to me was the honesty of my classmates. I felt like my classmates could truly say what the felt and what was on their mind and I did enjoy that aspect.
There was a feeling of excitement waiting to see what my classmates had responded to the blog, or if they had responded at all.
As I read over some of the other classmates’ blogs I did have a change in thinking a few times. It is always interesting to think in a different perspective and I think that makes individuals grow.
I cannot really see in any way that the blog changed my values.  I am an open minded person and I didn’t feel like the blog made me change my sense of self in any way.
The blog did help my reflection because any time I have to respond and reflect I have to rethink about my actions and I think about what I could have done better. I do think the blog helped enhance reflection strategies for myself.
The most challenging thing about the blog was learning how to use it and the step up process. I have to give a big thank you to my professor who walked me through this process. I would have never blogged without her guidance!!
For future bloggers I would suggest setting a time period aside each week to maintain and update your blog. Keep on top of assignments; it is easier to do that in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment